Mar 2015 – cars.com asks “Would we buy a 2014 Jeep Cherokee again?”
Feb 2015 – Autonews article Another fix for Jeep’s troubled transmission
The pace at which Fiat Chrysler dealers are replacing nine-speed transmissions in consumer vehicles has remained fairly constant, averaging between 12 and 15 a week, according to dealer part orders.
“It’s the refinement of those issues, as opposed to anything else. …There’s nothing substantial. It’s just a nuisance, and I don’t like it.” — Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne
Memo to Sergio: you don’t like it? For drivers, it is more than a nuisance. Fiat should not be following the Google testing platform of let the users test it and tell us what is wrong. Gmail is free, Jeeps are not.
- Complaints about 2015 Jeep Cherokee at safercar.gov
- Feb 2015 – Auto blog article Jeep Still Working to Improve Cherokee’s 9-speed auto
- May 2014 – Automotive News article Jeep 9-speed needs a reset again
Sergio asks us to “trust him.”
“There are always teething issues with every transmission I’ve ever built, and I mean that literally.”
“We keep tuning the transmission more and more as we get more familiar with it.
“I’m never satisfied, but I think I’m OK with its application in the current car. It will get better six months from now, trust me.”
- AboutAutomobile.com – 2015 Jeep Cherokee Power Train Complaint Log
- May 2014 – Car and Driver blog article on Jeep’s Second Update for Rough Shifting
- Oct 2013 – Wards Auto article on Chrysler debugging New Cherokee’s 9-speed