There is so much need of mercy today, and it is important that the lay faithful live it and bring it into different social environments. Go forth! We are living in the age of mercy, this is the age of mercy.
— Pope Francis angelus homily January 11, 2015
The Jubilee of Mercy begins December 8, 2015, and ends November 20, 2016.
- Listen Putting Mercy to Work: Feeding the Hungry (Vatican Radio)
- Listen Putting Mercy to Work: The Corporeal and Spiritual Works of Mercy (Vatican Radio)
- Read Pope Francis Announces Jubilee of Mercy (NC Register)
- Read About the Jubilee of Mercy (Vatican News)
- Read What is a holy year? (Vatican)
Go and learn the meaning of the words ‘I desire mercy not sacrifice.’ — Matthew 9:13
Be merciful as your Father is merciful. — Luke 6:36
You have been told, O mortal, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do justice and to love goodness and to walk humbly with your God. — Micah 6:8