Question of the Day: Where do babies come from?
NC Register Commentary article — UK to Become Leading Manufacturer of Babies
Margaret Sanger, who wrote America Needs a Code for Babies “to protect society against the propagation and increase of the unfit,” would most likely approve. Article 4 of her code states “No woman shall have the legal right to bear a child, and no man shall have the right to become a father, without a permit for parenthood.”
And so the related Question: In what ways do I cooperate with today’s “culture of death,” and how can I stand for and promote a culture of life?
Jennifer Fulwiler explains “Why do we call it a ‘culture of death’?
Pope Francis asks us to welcome and treasure children.
Resources on making babies
- Begotten Not Made: A Catholic View of Reproductive Technology (USCCB)
- Learn about natural family planning from the USCCB, Catholic Education Resource Center, and the Couple to Couple League
- The Practice of Natural Family Planning by Fr. William Saunders
- The Sinner’s Guide to Natural Family Planning by Simcha Fisher
- Janet Smith’s “Contraception: Why Not” talk and The Christian View of Sex article
- Catholic Answer’s program on NFP versus artificial contraception
- Struggles with infertility: Guidelines for Catholics, NaPro Technology
- One More Soul — fostering God’s plan for love, chastity, marriage, and children
- Humanae Vitae (Human Life), 1968 Encyclical Letter of Pope Paul VI on the Regulation of Birth
- USCCB’s FAQ on Love and Sexuality
Resources for unplanned/crisis pregnancy (because NARAL claims it got Google to drop advertisements for “crisis pregnancy centers”)
- Priests for Life Web site lists more than half a dozen organizations that help women experiencing an unplanned or “crisis” pregnancy
- Several Sources Shelters Lifecall Web site — resources for pregnant women (list of shelters by state)
- Raquel Kato’s story: I’m that girl — that girl who got pregnant
I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly. — John 10:10
Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. — Matthew 18:3