What: Third annual March for Marriage DC
When: Today, April 25 2015
Where: Washington, DC
Question of the Day 1: Is it discrimination to not allow a same sex couple to file a joint tax return, which a married man and woman are permitted to do?
- Ryan T. Anderson of the Heritage Foundation answers from the joint tax return point of view and expands answer to discuss what is a marriage?
Question of the Day 2: What is marriage? (and when was the meaning and purpose of marriage ever about taxes?)
- Dr Peter Kreeft discusses the nature of marriage with Peter Herbeck on The Choices We Face
Question of the Day 3: In your life, what do you seek, day in and day out? Is it Truth? Is it Self? Is it family? Is it work? Is it pleasure or a dream? Is it ideas or material goods? Is it your daily bread? Do you seek with your mind? your body? your spirit? Do these seek together or fight each other to achieve different goals? In your seeking, what, if anything, do you ask of others? And in your daily seeking and striving, what have you found?
Rules for the New Life in Christ: Therefore, putting away falsehood, speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, for we are members one of another. — Ephesians 4:25
Discussion and Viewpoints and Related Material
- For Your Marriage
- Mission: The World Meeting of Families 2015 (Philadelphia, PA) teaches that Love is Our Mission: the family fully alive
- The Human Rights Campaign view
- SCOTUSblog Special Feature: Same-sex union
- SCOTUSblog Special Feature: Same-sex union and the 14th Amendment
- Courage – Catholic and same-sex attraction
- Pope Francis’ tips to make marriage work
- Go fort and multiply: Is sex sacred, or is it sport? How do my personal choices affect the larger society? chastity.com
- Bought With a Price: Pornography and the Attack on the Living Temple of God by Bishop Paul Loverde
- Chastity Outreach from Catholic Answers
- Reclaim Sexual Health – God’s Plan for Sexual Health
- Vocations (a call from God)
- Catholic Engaged Encounter — Are you ready for marriage?