Saint of the Day: Barnabas
introduced Paul to Peter and the other apostles
patron of Cyprus, Antioch; against hailstorms; invoked as peacemaker
- Read / listen profile on americancatholic.org
- Read bio at EWTN
- Watch / listen homily about Saint Barnabas (begins around 9 minute mark)
- Read Bible History Daily character study on Barnabas part one and part two
Barnabas in scripture
- Acts 11:19–26, The Church at Antioch
- Acts 13:1–12, 43, 46, 50
- Galatians 2:1, 9, 13, The Council of Jerusalem
- Colossians 4:10
In those days a great number who believed turned to the Lord.
The news about them reached the ears of the Church in Jerusalem,
and they sent Barnabas to go to Antioch. When he arrived and saw the grace of God, he rejoiced and encouraged them all to remain faithful to the Lord in firmness of heart, for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and faith. And a large number of people was added to the Lord.
— Acts 11:21–24
Question of the Day: Are you ready to do God’s will?