The Fifth Commandment: You Shall Not Kill
The Senate is expected to vote on S.1881 – A bill to prohibit federal funding of Planned Parenthood Federation of America around 5:30 p.m. Monday, August 3.
- Watch Senate Session on C-SPAN
[UPDATE: Seven votes shy, the Senate blocks S.1881; Kaine and Warner voted NO, as expected. What’s odd to us nonpolitical folk is that one of the cosponsors of the bill, Mitch McConnell (R–KY) also voted NO. He did that because, somehow, in Washington Politics, it allows him to force a fresh vote later. With more videos to come from CMP and more time to rally the people of America and for God not only to convert minds and hearts but also to heal the wounds between men and women, perhaps the measure will pass the second time around. ]
Take five minutes and send an e-mail to your senators to let them know your position on this bill.
- Well said Senator Lankford (R–Oklahoma). Thank you.
Questions of the Day: Which business is Planned Parenthood in: health care or research or politics? When is a non-profit org not really a non-profit (when its assets exceed $1.5 billion and annual excess revenue hits $100 million)? Are fertility and pregnancy diseases that need to be treated or is a woman’s capacity to bring new life into the world something to respect and support? Is abortion about “rights” or is it about responsibilities? When does a human being become a human being and deserve to have rights? Does Planned Parenthood offer women choices and care for women who want to have their children? (No. No care; no support; no choice.) Do you want your taxpayer dollars funding Cecile Richards’ 590,000$ annual salary?
- Watch Center for Medical Progress undercover videos from its investigation into Planned Parenthood
- Follow the money at opensecrets.org: Planned Parenthood donations and pro-abortion lobby
- Read Planned Parenthood’s plea to news outlets not to show CMP’s undercover videos
- Learn which politicians received donations from abortion policy / pro-abortion lobbyists
- Watch Cecile Richards campaign for Obama and support Obama (2012)
- Watch Planned Parenthood’s $1.4 million ad buy to support Obama
- See Susan B Anthony List’s fact sheet on Planned Parenthood’s 2014 annual report
- Pregnant? Lifecall.org — resources for pregnant women
- Learn about abortion
- Heal after an abortion
But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.
By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.
— Blessed Mother Teresa, speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast February 5, 1994
- Cecile Richards wants you to forget that the “life-saving research” she is referring to requires that her clinics take the lives of healthy unborn children by choice
- Obama refers to babies as “punishment” (fear-based parenting)
- If Planned Parenthood is so proud of its work, why are they on defense? why are they asking a judge to block the release of CMP’s undercover videos?
Perfect love casts out all fear.