Pray today that children awaiting adoption be welcomed into loving families.
True parental love is ready to go beyond the bonds of flesh and blood in order to accept children from other families, offering them whatever is necessary for their well-being and full development. Among the various forms of adoption, consideration should be given to adoption-at-a-distance, preferable in cases where the only reason for giving up the child is the extreme poverty of the child’s family. Through this type of adoption, parents are given the help needed to support and raise their children, without their being uprooted from their natural environment.
— Pope Saint John Paul II, The Gospel of Life, section 93
- Read Top five ways adoption supports life
- Read The realities of Catholic Charities adoption
- Read An adoption love story
- Read The blessing of unanswered prayers: an adoption story
- Share your blessings sponsor a child; foster a child
- Sing! listen/dance to the music videos of Charles, an orphan in Zambia (then buy on iTunes to support Meant 2 Live Foundation’s work in Zambia)