Tomorrow the Supreme Court will hear arguments in the case of Little Sisters of the Poor v. Burwell. The justices will decide if the government can force a group of nuns who provide care for the elderly poor to include contraceptives and abortifacients in their health plan. If the Little Sisters lose their case they will be forced to violate their religious beliefs or pay $70 million in fines per year.
Let us surround both the Little Sisters and our Supreme Court justices with prayer, and pray for the continuation of religious freedom in America and around the world.
- Read Mother Loraine Maguire’s op-ed in USA Today
- Read Little Sisters of the Poor at the Supreme Court (National Review)
- Pray for our country through intercession of Mary Immaculate
- Pray through intercession of Saint Thomas More, patron of religious liberty
Who are the Little Sisters of the Poor?
What is religious freedom?
Who is already exempt from the “HHS mandate”?
- Watch EWTN News Nightly clip with Sister Constance
- Read FAQs at The Becket Fund
- Read Documents at SCOTUSblog
- Read Little Sisters Should Win (Crux) (should does not mean will)
- Read Pope Francis and Religious Liberty
- Read USCCB Statement on Religious Liberty (concrete examples of religious liberty under attack)