Under the patronage of Saint Joseph
Aim: To obtain a clear knowledge of the treachery of Satan and his followers and to live the “true” life which has been revealed to us by Our Lord
Examination: My love of Poverty
- Do I desire to be poor with Christ’s poor?
- Do I keep anything precious or superfluous, even though I may have permission for it?
- Do I always ask permission for what I receive?
- What is my attitude towards receiving gifts? Do I do my very best to avoid receiving presents from others? When out of politeness I receive something do I receive it only with permission?
- Am I inclined to share gifts only with some members of the community or do I, like a good religious, put these gifts at the disposal of my Superior?
- Am I happy to share in hardships which my state of life imposes on me?
- Do I really love Poverty as “My Lady Poverty” (Saint Francis of Assisi)?
From your Constitution: Chapter VI, Nos. 42–56; Chapter IX, Nos. 74 & 75
Reflection of the Day: “The Son of Man hath not where to lay his head.” (Matthew 8:20)