Feast of Our Lady of Fatima
on the on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the apparitions
Prayer of the Day
From Pope Saint John Paul II’s Consecration of the Modern World to Our Lady of Fatima, May 13, 1982, which he renewed in 1983, and his Consecration of All Individuals and Nations to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, March 25, 1984
“We entrust, O Mary, and consecrate the whole world to your Immaculate Heart!”
Above all creatures, may you be blessed, you, the Handmaid of the Lord, who in the fullest way obeyed the divine call!
Hail to you, who are wholly united to the redeeming consecration of your Son!
Mother of the Church! Enlighten the People of God along the paths of faith, hope, and love! Enlighten especially the peoples whose consecration and entrustment by us you are awaiting. Help us to live in the truth of the consecration of Christ for the entire human family of the modern world.
In entrusting to you, O Mother, the world, all individuals and peoples, we also entrust to you this very consecration of the world, placing it in your motherly Heart.
Immaculate Heart! Help us to conquer the menace of evil, which so easily takes root in the hearts of the people of today, and whose immeasurable effects already weigh down upon our modern world and seem to block the paths towards the future!
From famine and war, deliver us.
From nuclear war, from incalculable self-destruction, from every kind of war, deliver us.
From sins against the life of man from its very beginning, deliver us.
From hatred and from the demeaning of the dignity of the children of God, deliver us.
From every kind of injustice in the life of society, both national and international, deliver us.
From readiness to trample on the commandments of God, deliver us.
From attempts to stifle in human hearts the very truth of God, deliver us.
From the loss of awareness of good and evil, deliver us.
From sins against the Holy Spirit, deliver us, deliver us.
Accept, O Mother of Christ, this cry laden with the sufferings of all individual human beings, laden with the sufferings of whole societies.
Help us with the power of the Holy Spirit to conquer all sin: individual sin and the ‘sin of the world’, sin in all its manifestations.
Let there be revealed, once more, in the history of the world the infinite saving power of the Redemption: the power of merciful Love! May it put a stop to evil! May it transform consciences! May your Immaculate Heart reveal for all the light of Hope!”
Prayer and Consecration Resources
- Entrust yourself to Mary (Pope John Paul II, October 8, 2000, Jubilee of Bishops)
- Consecrate yourself to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Pray prayers of Pope Saint John Paul II (Pierced Hearts)
- Read Mary – Mother of Christ, Mother of the Church (Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 963–975)
- Download Fatima Prayers (World Apostolate of Fatima)
Question of the Day
What was the message of Fatima?
War is man’s punishment for sin. God desires to give us his peace. Do we desire to receive it? The Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three innocent shepherd children and through them tells us how (pray the Rosary daily for peace in the world). More specifically, Our Lady asked the children for prayer, penance, reparation, and sacrifice, which they did with great fervor to help convert and save sinners.
Will we listen and convert, or will we continue to choose war?
- Read The general message (Fatima Network Essentials)
- Read The Message of Fatima (Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith)
- View Fatima Consecration Chronology (EWTN)
- Watch Fatima Today – Father Corapi’s 6-part series
- Watch Fatima and Hope (interview with Father Andrew Apostoli, 2012)
- Watch Fatima for Today (Father Andrew Apostoli talk, 2012)
- Watch Fatima: Hope for the World (World Apostolate of Fatima)