What are you feeding your mind?
If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. — Jesus, Gospel of John 8:31–32
Who is Jesus?
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis, translated by Right Reverend Richard Challoner
- The Lord by Romano Guardini
- Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
- Life of Christ by Archbishop Fulton Sheen
Who am I?
- A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller
- The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Father Jacques Philippe (all of Fr. Philippe’s retreat books are great!)
- Interior Freedom by Father Jacques Philippe
- Abandonment to Divine Providence by Jean-Pierre Caussade
Who is the Holy Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit, Fire of Divine Love by Father Wilfrid Stinissen, OCD
Help From the Saints and their “Rules” of Life
- Introduction to the Devout Life by Saint Francis de Sales
- the little flowers of saint francis by Brother Ugolino
- The Rule of Saint Benedict
Jesus’ Gift of His Mother, Mary
- Treatise on True Devotion to Mary by Saint Louis de Montfort
- Seeking Spiritual Direction: How to Grow the Divine Life Within by Father Thomas Dubay
- Let Go: To Get Peace and Real Joy by Fenelon
- Caryll Houselander Essential Writings Selected with commentary by Wendy M Wright
- The Spiritual Combat by Dom Lorenzo Scupoli
- The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of Future Life by Father Charles Arminjon; EWTN Bookmark interview with Susan Conroy, one of the translators
- The Gift of Faith by Tadeusz Dajczer
- “It is not important how many books you read. The most important is to find the books that are truly worth reading. This book is one of them.” — Manuel de Almeida Trindade, Bishop Emeritus of Aveiro, Portugal
- Tattoos on the Heart: Stories of Hope and Compassion by Father Greg Boyle